* Shop early! While you'll be able to shop for books in store and online all season (conditions and regulations permitting), choices may be more limited later on. Because of shipping, supply chain, and printing issues beyond our control, it's possible we may run out of some titles this year, and if you have special books you're looking for, it may take longer to get them in. We recommend placing special orders as early as possible -- ideally before December. While we will do our absolute best to get you the books you order, we can't guarantee orders will arrive by your desired date.
* Ship early! Greenlight offers shipping throughout the US, but we can't control shipping times, which are likely to grow longer as it gets closer to the holidays. If you're planning to send books to family and friends far and wide, get your shipping order in as early as you can.
* Plan your visit! We have limited hours and customer capacity, and shopping time is limited to 25 minutes per customer. If you need more time to make your selections, you can shop online at your leisure, then stop in to pick up your books. (You can also shop online for pickup, then squeeze in a little more shopping when you arrive!)
* Order gift wrapping! With COVID health precautions, including social distancing and limited capacity in our stores, Greenlight is no longer able to offer free giftwrapping onsite. However, we've added a Gift Wrapping option to our website, so you can order your packages wrapped for pickup or shipping! You can also explore gift packaging options -- like papers, gift bags, and more -- for sale at our bookstores and our sister store Yours Truly, Brooklyn.
* Save a trip: get confirmation! When you order from Greenlight online, please look for your confirmation email before stopping by to pick it up. (Online orders take time to process, and we'd hate for you to have to wait or come back later if yours isn't ready yet!) When you arrive for pickup, please visit the host station or join the line outside the store and we'll get your books to you as quickly and safely as possible.
* Don't forget gift cards! Greelight offers physical gift cards for in-store shopping (which you can pick up, ship, or have picked up by the recipient), as well as online only gift codes (delivered by email) for use on our website. Either makes a quick and thoughtful gift for the readers on your list: sometimes the best gift is the gift of choice.
* Email us (instead of calling)! Have a question? Whenever possible, send us an email at email@example.com instead of calling our stores. We have limited staff available to answer the phone in the store, but booksellers are monitoring our inbox to get back to you with quick answers.
* Kindness makes things better! Please be patient and kind with our booksellers, and understand the challenges we are facing. We are all working as hard as we can to get you the books we all love this holiday season, but many things are out of our hands because of the extraordinary circumstances this year. What you love about your local bookstore -- the knowledgable booksellers, curated selection, cozy space, and thoughtful human connections -- mean that your shopping experience will never be like that of shopping with an online multinational corporation with warehouses and quotas. We like it that way, and we hope you do too. We will always do our best to communicate quickly & honestly, and abide by our Code of Conduct to make your in-store and online experience as warm and welcoming as possible. We invite you to join us in sharing the spirit of kindness at the bookstore and beyond this holiday season.