Due to the financial loss and stresses of the COVID-19 pandemic, Greenlight is currently unable to fulfill donation requests, as we prioritize paying our staff with limited resources. We are sorry for any inconvenience, and hope to be able to offer this service again in future.
Are you seeking a donation for your school or nonprofit organization? Greenlight Bookstore strives to give back to the community in many ways, and we’d love to hear from you to see if we can work together.
To request a donation, we ask that you provide us with the following information at least three weeks before the date your donation is needed:
- The name of the recipient organization
- The purpose of the donation (raffle item, etc.)
- Any specific donation request (gift card, signed books, etc.)
- If a gift card, the requested dollar amount or range
- Has Greenlight donated to this organization in the past? If so, please indicate the date and amount/item donated
- Point person & contact info (email preferred)
- Please indicate whether you can pick up the donation in the Fort Greene store or the Prospect Lefferts Gardens store, or if you would like it mailed (mailing available for gift cards only; indicate mailing address).
You can click below to send this information to Greenlight via email. You will receive an email followup from our office manager about the status of your donation. Please include all information requested, or we may not be able to consider your request.
or email email@example.com
(please submit at least three weeks before donation is needed)
General information about donations from Greenlight Bookstore:
- All donation recipients must be nonprofit organizations.
- We require at least three weeks’ notice to process donation requests. If your donation is needed sooner than three weeks from the date of your request, we may ask you to approach us again another time.
- Donations from Greenlight in the past do not either rule out or guarantee a donation; please provide information about past donations but feel free to make your request regardless.
- All donations will be in the form of a bookstore gift card, or in kind donations (e.g. signed books or Greenlight merchandise).
- Donations must be picked up at one of our store locations, or mailed via USPS.
- Greenlight will request a receipt from the recipient organization for our donation for tax purposes.
- Please bear in mind that Greenlight is an independent small business with a limited budget. While we believe in supporting schools and nonprofits, we cannot fulfill every donation request. But we will consider your request carefully and do our best to support our community.