Greenlight Bookstore has a consignment program designed to allow local self-published or non-traditionally published authors space on our shelves. When an author consigns a book, the bookstore agrees to stock the book on our shelves for a period of time, and pay the author for the copies that have sold at the end of the contract.
Interested in consigning your book at Greenlight? Take a minute to learn about Greenlight's consignment policies.
Greenlight Bookstore accepts consignment inquiries via email for both of our locations in Fort Greene and Prospect Lefferts Gardens. While we understand a lot of time and effort has gone into a book, we have certain policies in place because of our limited shelf space. We are devoted to fostering the Brooklyn literary community and, therefore, primarily carry books on consignment by writers who are Brooklyn residents.* We also request that the title and author's name is printed on the spine of the book, but can make exceptions. Consignment inquiries are for books only (any queries about non-book items will be passed along to the buying department.)
Please note that Greenlight does not take walk-in inquiries––please email us first to determine if we can accept your book on consignment, at which point Greenlight will outline the process for delivering your book to one of our locations.
Greenlight reserves the right to say no to a consignment request. Consignments are on an individual store basis unless otherwise indicated.
If you would like to see if we can carry your book on consignment, please send an email to the link below. Please include the following information:
- Information about the book including a short description, when it was published, and the ISBN if available.
- A short bio of the author.
- Retail price of the book.
- Whether the book is self-published and/or if it is available through a distributor.
- Why you feel the book is a good fit for Greenlight.
- Which store location you are inquiring about.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your email is received, a Greenlight staff member will be in touch with further information including the terms of the consignment agreement if we would like to carry the book.
* If you are not based in Brooklyn, we recommend contacting your own local bookstore about their consignment program.