The experience of buying online from Greenlight Bookstore is a little different from shopping in the physical store. Here, it’s not so much about browsing through the sections, but you can search for and purchase a wide variety of books, any time you want, from wherever you are. We’ll also highlight a few of our favorites on a rotating basis so you’ll always have new reading ideas. Here are some ways to shop using the Greenlight Bookstore website.
1) Search for books. See that search box at the top of each page? Type in an author, title, ISBN, or keyword, and a list of possible book matches will pop up. Choose from the list, or refine your search if you don’t get what you were looking for. (Click on the "ebooks" tab to see ebook matches.)
2) Explore our events listings, Signed Copies page, and staff picks for featured books. Each of these pages will have the option to buy featured books with a few clicks.
3) Pick your format. Hardcover, paperback, ebook, or audio book? On the Greenlight website you can not only find almost any book in print, you can buy ebooks through My Must Read and audio books through Libro as well! You can search for your format specifically, or choose on the book buying page after you've chosen a title (please note that not all formats are available for all titles).
4) Choose how to get your books. At checkout you'll be given the option to have your books shipped anywhere in the country,
or pick them up in person at a Greenlight store location at your convenience – choose whatever works for you (currently unavailable). Read more on our Pickup & Shipping page.
5) Let us know if you need anything special. Want an autographed or personalized copy? Need your book gift-wrapped or a gift receipt included? Let us know these or any other special requests by using the "Order Comments" field when you get to the checkout screen. You MUST type your instructions in Order Comments, even if you've talked about your order with a bookseller separately, to ensure your order is processed the way you want! We are not currently able to fulfill orders for signed or personalized books from the store. Please include other requests or questions in Order Comments and we will do our best to address them.
6) Select a payment option. If you want your books shipped to you, you can pay online using most major credit cards.
If you want to pick up your book in the store, you can either pay online, or pay for the book in person when you pick it up (currently unavailable). You can also pay with an online only gift code (physical gift cards can be used in-store only.)
7) Look for your double confirmation. When your order is placed, you'll receive an instant, automatic email from our system confirming that we've received it. Then, after a bookseller has looked at your order, you'll receive a second email informing you of the status of the item(s) you've ordered, usually within 24 hours of your initial order. The book details and availability status on our website are updated often, but not constantly, so we recommend that you wait until you receive your second, customized confirmation email before assuming that a book is available for pickup or shipping. We will always email you with the status of your order as soon as possible.
8) Give us your feedback. Having trouble navigating the website? Want to see some new features? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! With the help of our site hosts at the American Booksellers Association, we'll do our best to answer your questions and take your ideas into consideration. Emails are typically answered within 24 hours.