Fully re-researched and updated post-pandemic-lockdown, Frommer's New York City Day By Day allows users to map their own adventure with a variety of suggested daily itineraries, vibrant photos, and multiple maps.
This portable, up-to-date guide is all about maximizing the time you have to spend in the Big Apple. Written by lifelong New Yorker and award-winning travel journalist Pauline Frommer, the book hits all of NYC's highlights--as well as hidden gems--with plans crafted for visitors with a variety of needs and interests.
Packed with color photos, this bestselling guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see New York's top attractions in a short time, with bulleted maps leading the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info, Frommer's New York City Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip, and covers the New York City of today (not the very different, pre-pandemic city).
Inside this book you'll find:
- Full-color images throughout, with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- One- to three-day itineraries, including New York's Iconic Sights, the city's Greatest Buildings, Chinatown & the Lower East Side, the Best Small Museums, Greenwich Village, Historic Harlem, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Chelsea for Art Lovers, and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions to quickly surface the best finds and values
- Advice for how to plan romantic getaways in the city, as well as how to see NYC with kids or on a strict budget
- A tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, re-closable plastic wallet
- Reliable, impartial reviews of the best shops, restaurants, nightlife, and hotels in all price ranges. No entity has paid to be in this guide--or any Frommer's guide. At Frommer's we pride ourselves on over six decades of journalistic integrity
- Helpful planning advice for getting there, getting around, saving money, and getting the most from your trip
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the bestselling guide series in 1957 to help American service members fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe. Since then, we have published thousands of titles, becoming a household name by helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Pauline Frommer started traveling with her guidebook-writing parents at the age of four months and hasn't stopped since. She is the Editorial Director for the Frommer Guidebooks and Frommers.com, as well as author of what has been the bestselling guidebook to her hometown since its first edition. Her first job in travel was on the website Frommers.com, and eventually she worked her way up to Editor in Chief. Pauline also served as Travel Editor for MSNBC.com for several years, before working with John Wiley and Sons to create the award-winning Pauline Frommer Guidebooks, a 14-book series that won the coveted Best Guidebook of the Year title three years in a row from the North American Travel Journalists Association and once from the Society of American Travel Writers). For four years, Pauline created weekly travel segments for CNN's Headline News and CNN's Pipeline. She hosted a nationally syndicated radio show on travel for over 15 years. You may also have seen her talking travel on The Today Show, Live with Regis and Kelly, The O'Reilly Factor, NBC Nightly News and ABC World News, Good Morning America, FOX News and every local news station you can name. Her writings have been widely published in everything from Budget Travel Magazine to the Dallas Morning News to Nick, Jr. magazine. She resides in New York City with her husband, Columbia University Professor Mahlon Stewart and two very well-traveled daughters.