Save time and money with in-depth reviews, ratings, and details from the trusted source for a successful Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Planning a Disney Cruise Line (DCL) trip is a big deal. It's too important to be left to chance, so put the best-selling independent guidebook to the DCL in your hands and take control of your vacation. Make every minute and every dollar count with this no-nonsense, consumer-oriented guide to the best (and worst) of Disney's ships and itineraries.
The Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line 2024 explains how the DCL works and how to use that knowledge to stay ahead of the crowd. Authors Erin Foster, Len Testa, and Ritchey Halphen know that you want your vacation to be anything but average, so they employ an expert team of researchers to find the secrets, the shortcuts, and the bargains that are sure to make your vacation exceptional Find out what's available in every category, ranked from best to worst, and get detailed plans to make the most of your time on and off your cruise ship. Choose the right stateroom, eat at the best restaurants, find top-notch children's activities, and experience all the can't-miss excursions--including those offered at Castaway Cay, one of the best vacation islands in the Caribbean. The guide also provides full coverage of the Disney-run European river cruises and includes itinerary and port guides.
Stay in the know on the latest updates and changes on the DCL. Here's what's NEW in the 2024 book:
- Take in advice for first-time cruisers: money-saving strategies, packing tips and other pre-trip preparation, preferred ships and itineraries, and how to hit the deck running your first day onboard
- Utilize suggestions for deciding whether a Disney cruise or a Walt Disney World vacation is the better choice for your family
- Find out the scoop on different stateroom types and how to choose the best room for your needs
- Get updates on post-COVID changes to health and safety protocols
- Read detailed descriptions of DCL's ports of call around the world, including the newest home port at Ft. Lauderdale
- Learn about Castaway Cay, DCL's private Bahamian island
- Uncover news about Disney's second private island: Lighthouse Point
- Get expanded coverage and unbiased opinions about DCL's expanding fleet, including the brand-new Disney Wish and Disney Treasure
- Enjoy discussion of Adventures by Disney river cruises and how they compare with DCL cruises
- Find the latest details about DCL's new itineraries, changes to DCL's loyalty rewards program, and more
Make the right choices to give your family a vacation they'll never forget. The Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line 2024 is your key to planning a perfect stay. Whether you're putting together your annual trip or preparing for your first visit, this book gives you the insider scoop on staterooms, dining, children's activities, shopping, entertainment, and more.
About the Author
Erin Foster researched and responded to more than 11,000 guest questions as a charter member of the Disney Parks Moms Panel (now the planDisney Panel). Erin has visited Walt Disney World; Disneyland; Disneyland Paris; Hong Kong Disneyland; and the Disney Vacation Club properties at Hilton Head, South Carolina; Vero Beach, Florida; and Aulani in Hawaii. She has also taken Adventures by Disney (AbD) journeys to four continents, including AbD's European river cruises. And, of course, she has been on many Disney Cruise Line sailings on the Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy, and Wish. She was among the passengers on the maiden voyage of the Wish in 2022. Erin is a regular contributor to the blog at Touring Plans. When she isn't traveling, you can find her attending theatrical performances in New York City.Len Testa is coauthor of the Unofficial Guides series, covering Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Las Vegas, Universal Orlando, and Washington, D.C. While Len has published works in travel, computer science, and endocrinology, it's widely acknowledged that he's just the pretty face for a group of people way more talented than he is (and "pretty face" is a stretch at best). Len sends love to his daughter, Hannah.