Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Love and Rockets series.
- #4: The Girl from HOPPERS: A Love and Rockets Book (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: Perla La Loca: A Love and Rockets Book (Paperback): $18.99
- #8: Penny Century: A Love and Rockets Book (Paperback): $18.99
- #9: Esperanza: A Love and Rockets Book (Paperback): $18.99
- #13: Angels And Magpies: A Love and Rockets Book (Paperback): $19.99
- #22: Ghost of Hoppers (Love and Rockets) (Hardcover): $18.95
- #24: The Education of Hopey Glass (Love and Rockets) (Hardcover): Email or call us for information about purchasing this item.
The first volume of the highly influential, downright legendary Love and Rockets comic provides the foundation for a very entertaining expanded universe. A colorful cast of characters is rendered in crisp black and white. Some lead ordinary lives, others more fantastical, but they all seem to intersect in inventive, humorous, and moving ways.
Picked by Geo in Prospect Lefferts Gardens
The first in a series of volumes collecting the Love and Rockets stories of spunky Maggie, her brash best friend and sometimes lover Hopey, and their friends. These are the earliest, punkiest, most heavily sci-fi stories.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2007, Love and Rockets will finally be released in its most accessible form yet: as a series of compact, thick, affordable, mass-market volumes that present the whole story in perfect chronological order. The 25th anniversary Love and Rockets celebration continues with this, the first of three volumes collecting the adventures of the spunky Maggie, her annoying best friend and sometime lover Hopey, and their circle of friends, including their bombshell friend Penny Century, Maggie's weirdo mentor Izzyas well as the wrestler Rena Titanon and Maggie's handsome love interest, Rand Race. Maggie the Mechanic collects the earliest, punkiest, most heavily sci-fi stories of Maggie and her circle of friends, and you can see the artist (who drew like an angel from the very first panel) refine his approach: Despite these strong shifts in tone, the stunning art and razor sharp characterizations keep this collection consistent, and enthralling throughout. (Note: A number of these stories were not collected in the hardcover Locas.)
About the Author
Jaime Hernandez is an internationally acclaimed, award-winning cartoonist and a lifelong Los Angelean.
I don’t really understand why the material of Love and Rockets isn’t widely regarded as one of the finest pieces of fiction of the last 35 years. Because it is.