Not In Store / Available To Order (allow for shipping time to bookstore or direct-to-home)
Over 1,000 Tips for Planting Vegetables, Flowers, Houseplants, Shrubs, Herbs, and Trees!
This comprehensive collection of practical tips covers all aspects of gardening, from flowers and houseplants to planting shrubs, vegetables, herbs, and trees. In addition, find advice for dealing with garden pests, learn about the tools that will make your life much easier, and find valuable ways to avoid the aches and pains that often go along with the hard work of gardening. Woven throughout are poems and proverbs, legends and lore, making this an enjoyable read and a perfect gift for the gardener in your life.
- "Put broken eggshells in a watering can, fill with water, and leave overnight. This will extract the nutrients making an excellent and cheap plant feed."
- "To improve the growth of leeks, add a little soot to the soil."
- "Weeding between onion rows should be done by hand, as hoeing will damage the shallow roots."
- "An old wheel rim makes an ideal storage place for a garden hose when not in use. Hang on a garage or shed wall."
- "For organic insecticide spray, boil a whole bulb of chopped garlic until it's soft. Put it into 1 gallon of water and add 1 tablespoon of biodegradable detergent. Leave for a day, strain, and use as required."
About the Author
Mary Rose Quigg is a bestselling author with over 500,000 copies of her books in print. She raised five children in Co Cork, Ireland while working as a cook in several restaurants. Over the years she accumulated a collection of hints and tips from friends and family, especially her mother. Over a decade ago she moved with her husband and two children to France where they run a busy restaurant in the picturesque countryside.