Click on "Ask A Bookseller" to contact us via email for more information about this title.
Not In Store / May Not Be Available To Order (email email@example.com for details)
Everything you need to coach employees and get troubled performers back on track Confronting employees about poor performance is an ordeal dreaded by managers and HR pros everywhere. The possibility of emotional outbursts--and the specter of a lawsuit--leave many would-be disciplinarians at a loss. The Employee Performance Handbook is a complete how-to guide for employee discipline. Packed with practical and legal advice, this book offers smart strategies that will help you improve employee performance and avoid legal trouble. You'll learn how to:
- identify problems early on
- decide when discipline is necessary
- choose the right response to a problem
- engage employees in improving performance
- collaborate with employees to come up with solutions
- fire employees when necessary
- protect against wrongful termination lawsuits
You can download sample policies, sample forms, checklists, skills-building exercises, and more, at nolo.com (details inside).