One of the most comprehensive and bestselling books on breast cancer treatment and survival, completely revised and updated
The seventh edition of The Breast Cancer Survival Manual provides essential updates on treatment and care, enhancing the basic information that has made this the most trusted guide for women diagnosed with breast cancer for the past two decades. This edition includes the most current advice on:
· The genomic basis of breast cancer and recent changes in the genomic breast cancer types
· The need for individual tailoring of a treatment plan, resulting in better outcomes and less toxic side effects
· Less chemotherapy based on new genomic testing of the cancer
· Changes in treatment sequencing, resulting in less surgery and systemic therapy
· The development of blood tests to identify tumor DNA fragments, allowing for monitoring response to treatment and ongoing surveillance for recurrence
· The continued importance of getting a comprehensive second opinion from breast cancer specialists, including a review of the diagnostic biopsies
· Use of hormone replacement after breast cancer.
Conscious of the rapidly evolving spectrum of treatment options, Dr. John Link, one of the world’s leading breast cancer oncologists, outlines the latest findings and professional wisdom for patients in pursuit of the most effective treatment plan for them. The Breast Cancer Survival Manual continues to be a must-have for any woman seeking accurate and accessible information about managing breast cancer today.
Includes black-and-white illustrations
About the Author
John Link, MD, is one of the world’s leading breast cancer oncologists and founder of Breastlink, a network of comprehensive breast cancer treatment centers in Southern California, and, as of recently, in New York City. Breastlink has been recognized as a leader and innovator in breast cancer care by Self magazine and ABC’s 20/20.
Nancy Link is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) with more than 20 years of cancer research experience, including the Women’s Health Initiative Study and the Women’s Interventional Nutrition Study at University of California, Irvine. She currently works for Breastlink.
PRAISE FOR The Breast Cancer Survival Manual
"Reassuring and realistic, this guide offers basic, immediate information for women newly diagnosed with breast cancer...Help with physical, emotional, psychological, and social issues abounds here in a well-rounded, authoritative resource."