Surrender to the Pause and Recognize the Renewing Power of Worship
Sometimes our mistakes can leave us feeling like we're drowning in an ocean of regret. Thankfully, we are not alone. The books of First and Second Samuel help us realize that worship is the gift that leads us to encounter renewal in the Lord in spite of:
- The rejection we have experienced.
- The rebellion we have entertained.
- The regret we have endured.
Modern culture demands tireless ambition and determination. Consequently, we sometimes become restless walking with God in a world that sprints. However, the men and women in First and Second Samuel knew this struggle too. The Selah Bible Study reveals and reminds us of our access to the powerful presence of the Lord when we pause to pray despite the pressures we face.
What distinguished Samuel from Eli and David from Saul? The differences between these leaders lie in their ability to pause, worship, and pray to the Lord in the middle of intense pressure. Selah will illustrate how these pauses lead you to:
- renew your mind in Christ,
- reengage with the Lord in new ways,
- and reclaim your personal relationship with the One True God again.
- Personal study content to be completed between six group sessions.
- Individual access to each session's teaching videos from Liv herself accessible through a QR code.
- Guided prayer prompts for each of the thirty lessons.
- Discussion questions and reflection exercises for after the study.
- Grow in knowledge about the history, context, and meaning of 1 and 2 Samuel.
- Meditate on Scripture and strengthen your personal prayer life.
- Build your godly leadership skills on integrity through biblical examples.
- Recognize that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ Jesus.