* Is the book you're looking for not currently on the shelves at our stores? Consider placing your order for shipping rather than in-store pickup; orders are currently being fulfilled FASTER via our warehouse's direct-to-home shipping option than for store pickup (and shipping is free for orders over $125)!
Do More Great Work gets to the heart of the problem: Even the best performers are spending less than a fraction of their time doing "Great Work"—the kind of innovative work that pushes us forward, stretches our creativity, and truly satisfies us. Michael Bungay Stanier, Canadian Coach of the Year in 2006, is a business consultant who’s found a way to move us away from bad work (and even good work), and toward more time spent doing great work.
When you’re up to your eyeballs answering e-mail, returning phone calls, attending meetings and scrambling to get that project done, you can turn to this inspirational, motivating, and at times playful book for invaluable guidance. In fifteen exercises, Do More Great Work shows how you can finally do more of the work that engages and challenges you, that has a real impact, that plays to your strengths—and that matters.
The exercises are "maps"—brilliantly simple visual tools that help you find, start and sustain Great Work, revealing how to:
- Find clues to your own Great Work—they’re all around you
- Locate the sweet spot between what you want to do and what your organization wants you to do
- Generate new ideas and possibilities quickly
- Best manage your overwhelming workload
- Double the likelihood that you’ll do what you want to do
About the Author
--Marshall Goldsmith, bestselling author of What Got You There Won’t Get You Here