Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Lady Darby Mystery series.
- #1: The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Mortal Arts (A Lady Darby Mystery #2) (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: A Grave Matter (A Lady Darby Mystery #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #5: As Death Draws Near (A Lady Darby Mystery #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: A Stroke of Malice (A Lady Darby Mystery #8) (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: A Wicked Conceit (A Lady Darby Mystery #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: A Perilous Perspective (A Lady Darby Mystery #10) (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: A Fatal Illusion (A Lady Darby Mystery #11) (Paperback): $17.00
From the national bestselling author of A Brush with Shadows comes a riveting historical mystery featuring a most “unusual and romantic”* female sleuth—Lady Kiera Darby.
Scotland, 1831. Lady Kiera Darby is thrilled to have found both an investigative partner and a fiancé in Sebastian Gage. But with her well-meaning sister planning on making their wedding the event of the season, Kiera could use a respite from the impending madness.
After she’s commissioned to paint the portrait of Lady Drummond, Kiera is shocked to find her client prostrate on the floor. Both a physician and Lord Drummond appear satisfied to rule her death natural, but Kiera is convinced that poison is the real culprit.
Now, armed only with her knowledge of the macabre and her convictions, Kiera intends to discover the truth—no matter what, or who, stands in her way…
About the Author
Anna Lee Huber is the Daphne Award–winning author of the national bestselling Lady Darby Mysteries and the Verity Kent Mysteries. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she majored in music and minored in psychology. She currently resides in Indiana with her family and is hard at work on her next novel.
Praise for the Lady Darby Mysteries
“[A] history mystery in fine Victorian style! Anna Lee Huber’s spirited debut mixes classic country house mystery with a liberal dash of historical romance.”—New York Times bestselling author Julia Spencer-Fleming
“Riveting…Huber deftly weaves together an original premise, an enigmatic heroine, and a compelling Highland setting.”—New York Times bestselling author Deanna Raybourn
“[A] fascinating heroine…A thoroughly enjoyable read!”—National bestselling author Victoria Thompson
“[A] clever heroine with a shocking past and a talent for detection.”—National bestselling author Carol K. Carr
“Reads like a cross between a gothic novel and a mystery with a decidedly unusual heroine.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Huber deftly evokes both [Sebastian and Kiera’s] attraction and the period’s flavor.”—Publishers Weekly
“[Huber] designs her heroine as a woman who straddles the line between eighteenth-century behavior and twenty-first-century independence.”—New York Journal of Books
“[A] must read…One of those rare books that will both shock and please.”—Fresh Fiction
“Fascinates with its compelling heroine who forges her own way in a society that frowns upon female independence.”—RT Book Reviews
“One of the best historical mysteries that I have read this year.”—Cozy Mystery Book Reviews