Email or call us for information about purchasing this item.
Hard to Find
AN IRRESISTIBLE LITERARY FEAST Stories and recipes inspired by the world's great books As a young bookworm reading in her grandfather's butcher shop, Cara Nicoletti saw how books and food bring people to life. Now a butcher, cook, and talented writer, she serves up stories and recipes inspired by beloved books and the food that gives their characters depth and personality.
From the breakfast sausage in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods to chocolate cupcakes with peppermint buttercream from Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, these books and the tasty treats in them put her on the road to happiness.
Cooking through the books that changed her life, Nicoletti shares fifty recipes, including:
- The perfect soft-boiled egg in Jane Austen's Emma
- Grilled peaches with homemade ricotta in tribute to Joan Didion's "Goodbye to All That"
- New England clam chowder inspired by Herman Melville's Moby-Dick
- Fava bean and chicken liver mousse crostini (with a nice Chianti) after Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs
- Brown butter crepes from Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
Beautifully illustrated, clever, and full of heart, Voracious will satisfy anyone who loves a fantastic meal with family and friends-or curling up with a great novel for dessert.
About the Author
Cara Nicoletti is a butcher, recipe developer, and author of the literary recipe blog Yummy Books. She comes from a long line of butchers in Boston, Massachusetts and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York. Illustrator Marion Bolognesi lives and works in New York City and has exhibited her paintings around the globe. Her website is Marion-B.com.