Buying Online Basics
The experience of buying online from Greenlight Bookstore is a little different from shopping in the physical store. Here, it’s not so much about browsing through the sections, but you can search for and purchase a wide variety of books, any time you want, from wherever you are. We’ll also highlight a few of our favorites on a rotating basis so you’ll always have new reading ideas. Here are some ways to shop using the Greenlight Bookstore website.
1) Search for books using the “Search Books & Ebooks” field. See that search box in the right sidebar? Type in an author, title, ISBN, or keyword, and a list of possible book matches will pop up. Choose from the list, or refine your search if you don’t get what you were looking for.
2) Explore our events listings and staff picks for featured books. Each of these pages will have the option to buy featured books with a few clicks.
3) Pick your format. Hardcover, paperback, or ebook? On the Greenlight website you can not only find almost any book in print, you can buy ebooks for several reader platforms as well! Check out our Ebooks page for more specifics.
4) Choose how to get your books. At checkout you'll be given the option to have your books shipped anywhere in the country, or pick them up in person at Greenlight at your convenience – choose whatever works for you. Read more on our Pickup/Shipping Options page.
5) Let us know if you need anything special. Want an autographed or personalized copy? Need your book gift-wrapped or a gift receipt included? Let us know these or any other special requests by using the "Order Comments" field when you get to the checkout screen. You MUST type your instructions in Order Comments, even if you've talked about your order with a bookseller separately, to ensure your order is processed the way you want!
6) Select a payment option. If you want your books shipped to you, you can pay online using most major credit cards. If you want to pick up your book in the store, you can either pay online, or pay for the book in person when you pick it up.
7) Look for your confirmation. The book information on our website comes partly from our own in-store inventory records, and partly from our primary distribution warehouse. The book details and availability status are updated often, but not constantly. For this reason, when you place an order, we recommend that you wait until you receive our confirmation email before assuming that a book is available for pickup or shipping. We will always email you with the status of your order as soon as possible.
8) Give us your feedback. Having trouble navigating the website? Want to see some new features? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! With the help of our site hosts at the American Booksellers Association, we'll do our best to answer your questions and take your ideas into consideration.